We loved this beautiful late fall wedding at Captain’s Bluff on Saint Simons. The wonderful couple, beautiful ceremony, and absolutely PERFECT weather had all the guests smiling ear to ear well into the night.
Our 5 favorite details from the wedding:
- Duck Feather Bow Ties – I did not even know this was a thing, but they looked killer, and added some sweet southern charm.
- Bubba Garcia’s Catering – This is one of our favorite hangouts down in Redfern Village, better get there early on a Saturday in the fall though.
- The Bride’s Peter Langner Dress – She was stunning y’all…. the open back and sheer texture belonged in a BHLDN ad.
- The Venue – Captains Bluff sits on a curve on the Frederica River that is absolutely gorgeous. Watching the sun going down over the marsh was the perfect end to a beautiful ceremony.
- The Koozies….. – Seriously Check them out – The back was a picture of their cats face! We loved the couples easy going nature and fun sense of humor.
OKAY, I know we said 5… BUT
6. The Exit! – They did a beautiful sparkler exit, down a dock, onto a boat, and off into the night! It was fantastic.
On top of all of the wonderfulness of the wedding itself, Saint Simons holds a dear place in our heart for personal reasons as well.
- Isaac’s dad got married just down the street at Historic Christ Church, worth a visit if you have never been.
- Isaac’s sister got married a few hundred yards away at Wesley Chapel, a beautiful church with an absolutely stunning garden. A must see when the azaleas are in bloom.
- That stretch of the Frederica river that Captain’s Bluff sits on is a favorite tubing, fishing, and hangout spot of the Aiken family. (They live on a feeder creek a mile or two south)
- Any excuse to visit the multitudes of family that live on and around St. Simons is always welcome.
Saint Simons truly is home, and it was great to see yet another love story celebrated in such a beautiful way.
Hope you enjoy.
Venue: Captains Bluff, Saint Simons Island
Florist: The Vine
Rentals: Oconee Events Inc
Dress: Peter Langer
Lead: Anna Mills